Tuesday 17 November 2020

Maths ~ Reception

In our classroom we have been focusing on recognising and making collections up to 5. We have been exploring making these by using a range of materials.

Can you retell what is important when we are counting collections?

Should we count it fast or slow... why?


_________________________


Today we will be using the page of the storybook 'Kipper's Birthday' by Mick Inkpen

(you might like to listen to the story today too! - click on the video below)


Can you retell how old Kipper is turning?

How do you know?


Make a cake and show the same number of candles - you might like to draw the cake and use objects as candles, or you might like to make it all using some paper, pens, scissors and glue!

__________

Here is my cake!


I have 5 candles on my cake!
Can you tell me how many I have left over?

Now it is your turn to find 5 objects around the house - how many different collections can you make?

I look forward to seeing them!😊

Send them to debeauvoirprimaryschool@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment